When November turns very grey, wet and cold, it is time for BOAT & FUN BERLIN.
From 11 to 14 November 2021 parallel with the boating exhibition, AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN, TRANSPORTERTAGE BERLIN, AUTOTAGE BERLIN and the ANGLER WORLD BERLIN are also taking place. Tickets are available online only.
Now that water sports activities have ended, water sports fans and tourists can make their preparations for the upcoming season on the Berlin Exhibition Grounds. Along with AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN, TRANSPORTERTAGE BERLIN, AUTOTAGE BERLIN and ANGLER WORLD BERLIN, BOAT & FUN BERLIN offers a whole range of options for planning leisure time outdoors. Overall, some 700 companies are exhibiting their products and services.
“Following last year’s necessary break, the exhibition is taking place at exactly the right time. The market is booming more than ever“, said Daniel Barkowski, the project manager for BOAT & FUN BERLIN. As with motorhomes, demand for boats has risen sharply with the coronavirus crisis. “This event gives enthusiasts a rare opportunity to visit a large number of exhibitors and compare products where, to paraphrase our slogan, they can ’look, test and buy’“, Barkowski added.
As always, the exhibition is also a magnet for amateur and professional anglers. The ANGLER WORLD BERLIN, the leading exhibition of its kind and major attraction for sporting anglers and hobbyists alike, is unlikely to disappoint them. It is taking place from 12 to 14 November. Also on show is the ANGELBOOT BERLIN section, featuring a display of fishing boats unmatched in Germany in one hall. A new addition is the ’Techcorner’, where the displays include fishing technology highlights and navigation equipment.
The exhibition opened with the traditional GALA NIGHT OF THE BOATS, where invited guests were able to preview the boats on show. Taking as their slogan “Licence to boat“, Daniel Craig lookalike Martin Langanke (aka James Bond) along with “Bond girls” and boats naturally fitting the occasion underscored the exclusive character of the event. “With this performance we were able to highlight the live nature of the show“, said Barkowski.
BOAT & FUN at a glance: a whole range of leisure activities in, on and around water
- The highlight is Hall 27 with its spectacular motor yachts and sailing boats, with luxury brands including Galeon, Prestige, Bavaria, Marex, Jeanneau, Cranchi and Beneteau.
- Products debuting in Berlin can be found in Hall 25.
- Sailing is as topical as ever. As a result, sailing plays a big part this year – with more boats, more active sailing enthusiasts and more sail manufacturers. Sailing boat highlights can be found in Hall 25 together with lots of new boats, particularly in the compact sports boat category.
- Halls 1.2, 2.2 and 3.2 are where motorboats and aluminium and steel-hulled boats are on display, with brands including Aqualine, SeaRay, Maxima Boats and Interboat.
- As in previous years boats of all kinds are on show: houseboats, aluminium-hulled boats, historical boats, charter boats, pre-owned boats, electric boats and manually powered boats.
- The ANGLER WORLD BERLIN (Hall 6.2 and 5.2b) covers every conceivable area of the market under the following headings: Bait &Tackle, Boats & Navigation, Casting & Fly Fishing, ProStaff & YouTubers, Travel & Water Sports Regions, and Outdoor Activities.
- ANGELBOOT BERLIN is where visitors can find bass boats, belly boats, ocean-going yachts, kayaks and rubber dinghies.
- A new addition is AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN, which features a wide range of caravans, motorhomes and camping equipment on show over an area of two and a half halls.
- Other forms of transport can also be found in the halls of AUTOTAGE BERLIN (Hall 2.2) and TRANSPORTERTAGE BERLIN (Hall 26a).
BOAT & FUN BERLIN 2021
Dates: 11 to 14 November 2021, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Entrance: south entrance on Jafféstrasse
The event is being held under “3G“ rules
Tickets to BOAT & FUN BERLIN are available exclusively from the online shop. A day ticket costs 17 euros. Visitors who purchase tickets from the online shop must register for a particular day.