Tankoa - the first boutique shipyard with a multi-cultural approach for yacht construction – has the pleasure to announce the June launch of its first yacht TANKOA S693 – 69.30m.
Tankoa Yachts and Yacht-Ology, Michel Karsenti's company, are pleased to announce that in accordance with the contract signed in March 2014 for the sale of project S693 to one of Karsenti's loyal clients, construction of this first yacht of 69.30 meters has been carried out on schedule, not with standing the numerous upgrades decided by the client in conjunction with the shipyard.
Tankoa Yachts – the “boutique shipyard” based in Genoa – and its global sales and marketing agent, Yacht-Ology, are proud to announce that project S693 is soon to be launched. Work on S693 is moving ahead, on schedule. The technical launch will take place in the second half of June, 2015, for a late July delivery. S693 will cruise on the Cote d’Azur sometime in late August and will be officially introduced to the public and the yachting industry on the occasion of the 2015 Monaco Yacht Show.
Tankoa’s philosophy of offering knowledge able buyers an alternative to Dutch and German built high quality yachts is evidenced in this build by the large number of changes to the original plans that were successfully carried out to constantly raise the bar of quality and equipment. These changes were carried out without Tankoa having to claim any permissible delay in the build: the best demonstration of Tankoa's commitment to excellence and flexibility.
The following works have been completed:
- Crow’s nest, upper deck, foredeck, and main deck in teak decking have been completed.
- Superstructure painting has been completed, in compliance with very strict quality tolerances and to the full satisfaction of the owner’s surveyor, Albert McIlroy, from Optimus Navi.
- The hull has already received two coats, the final coat is to be completed by the end of March.
- Crew deck and lower deck, including galley, cold rooms and crew messes, are 95% completed.
- Main deck guest cabins have been completed, including bathrooms. The next eight weeks will be devoted to final finishing touches and installation of fabric panels, lighting and bathrooms fixtures.
- Main saloon and dining room currently are being fitted out with the one ton saltwater fish tank.
- The Beach Club, including Hammam and Sauna, is being fitted out. The Sauna will be equipped with a chilled water system for showers with 3˚ Celsius water.
- The swimming pool, tiled in Bisazza mosaic, and the waterfall flowing from the superstructure overhang, have been completed.
- Engine room and engineer’s control room are being fitted out. Wiring and piping have been completed, as well as all equipment installation, including emergency battery packs. Engine room flooring and finish are underway.
- The tender garage is also being fitted out, in collaboration with the owner’s son who requested a significant number of changes to be able to work on his competition jet skis.
- The two elevators and the dumb waiter have been installed and successfully tested.
- The upper deck gym will be the last interior section to be fitted out in May.
- The wheelhouse is being equipped with state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment. Design of the wheelhouse will reflect the 27 year experience of Renzo Chelazzi from Tankoa, who has commanded yachts from 40 to 70 meters in addition to his extensive commercial vessel experience.
Silence and Environmental Consciousness
S693 will not only be an extremely comfortable yacht to cruise onboard, thanks to her volume of close to 1,400 Gross Tons, but she will also be very quiet, due to her up-to-date sound and vibration insulation devices and technologies.
The fore section of her superstructure is made of high tensile steel instead of regular aluminum. This will reduce the propagation of vibrations when the vessel suddenly decelerates when running in big swells.
All of the floors, bulkheads and ceilings are floating, thus eliminating parasitic noise. Both engine's dry stack exhausts are equipped with carbon filters to limit emissions, satisfying the RINA Green Plus annotation certificate.
Generators will be equipped with pressurized exhaust mufflers, mixing exhaust gas with water to reduce noise when at anchor or in a marina.
Yacht-Ology's President Michel Karsenti, as well as sales & marketing coordinator for Tankoa Yachts, comments about this project: “At Tankoa, we see S693 not only as our first yacht, but as a testament of the capacity of the Italian Yachting Industry to built to today’s global highest quality standards.
Tankoa’s culture, from workers to top management, share the same values: to produce the best.
Our approach is to built yachts with clients, not for clients, as seen in every detail onboard our S693. This philosophy is surely not applicable to mass production shipyards, because at full regime Tankoa will deliver one yacht every six months.
The brokerage industry, the driving force behind most new yacht construction deals, understands our commitment to quality. We are competing with North Europeans in terms of quality, because it is our culture. We will never be competing with most of our Italian esteemed colleagues in terms of pure pricing because our approach is very different.
After signing two contracts in one year, and having another three under negotiation, we clearly feel these clients understand that Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Ferrari, Gucci and Loro Piana were not born in Holland or Germany, and that style and detail is deeply imbedded in the Italian culture.”
Tankoa’s General Manager, Edoardo Ratto, adds: “From Germany to Holland and Italy, we all use the same suppliers and subcontractors, as well as the equipment and electronics, so there is no secret: time, processes, organization and corporate culture make the difference.
At Tankoa, quality processes and quality control are widely enforced, with a minimum of three daily onboard visits for each yacht, by our CEO, Euro Contenti, myself, Andrea Parodi, the head of the technical office, and Renzo Chelazzi, sales representative, who is the interface between the yard and Michel Karsenti. We can’t wait to be at the Monaco Yacht Show for clients, surveyors and brokers to inspect S693 and truly understand what Tankoa is all about. This launch will set new standards in the Italian yacht building sector”.