Arriving in Hobart at 02:31.20 on Wednesday 28 December, Anthony Bell’s 100-ft Maxi Perpetual LOYAL has set a new race record of 1 day, 13 hours, 31 minutes, 20 seconds at the Rolex Sydney Hobart and in the process secured line honours in the 72nd edition of the famous offshore race.
The great race is underway. The 2016 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, featuring an international fleet of 88 yachts, commenced at 13:00 local time on a perfect Sydney summer’s day.
Faithful to its heritage to embody the love of sailing and cruising, the annual rendezvous for the “Catamarans Cup” has set sail for the 7th successive year.
For the first time in the Principality, four classes will be sharing the race area for the Monaco Sportsboat Winter Series this weekend, 9-11 December.
Giovanni Soldini and the Maserati Multi70 team were first across the finish-line in the 37a Rolex Middle Sea Race at 14 00’ 01” today.
The CATAMARANS CUP International Regatta, a unique race of sailing catamarans, came to a successful close after one week of racing.
Having now covered over half of the 608 miles of the Rolex Middle Sea Race route, including a spectacular passage past the Stromboli volcano at first light and with the Aeolian Islands now in her wake, Maserati Multi70 has just caught up with Phaedo3.
More Articles ...
- Pierre Casiraghi takes stock of his first GC32 season
- First time participants Team NORAUTO powered by Groupama Team France wins the 2016 GC32 Racing Tour
- The GC32 Norauto powered by Groupama Team France set to compete on the Extreme Sailing Series™ in Lisbon
- Tuscany welcomes a Fleet of Vintage Vessels for the 12th Viareggio Gathering of Historic Sailboats. October 13-16, 2016
- Ladycat powered by Spindrift racing takes the D35 Trophy